The Obamacare Record
Each day we see new evidence showing that the Affordable Care Act will be anything but affordable. According to a report by the Energy and Commerce Committee, 17 major insurance companies said healthcare for young adults will rise by 400 percent and employers can expect their cost to go up by about 50 to 100 percent. In North Carolina, our largest health insurer recently announced that a third of their customers should 'prepare for unusually large rate increases.'
Below you will find press releases, blog posts, video and more regarding my work to repeal, defund and dismantle Obamacare, as well as news reports that chronicle the effects Obamacare has had on individuals, families, businesses and the economy as a whole.
I have voted 41 times to repeal, defund or dismantle Obamacare.
I voted three times for full repeal of Obamacare. In one of its first major legislative actions of the 112th Congress, the House first voted to entirely repeal Obamacare on January 19, 2012, when it passed H.R. 2 by a vote of 245-189. After the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of the individual mandate last June, the House again passed another full Obamacare repeal when it passed H.R. 6079 by a vote of 244-185. Most recently, on May 16, 2013, the House passed H.R. 45 - a bill I cosponsored to repeal Obamacare, by a vote of 229-195.
Since January 3013, I have sponsored The DEFECT Act (Delaying Enrollment in Federal Exchanges to Certify Trust) to prevent Obamacare fraud and have cosponsored H.R. 2682 (the Defund Obamacare Act of 2013), H.R. 3300 (the Empowering Patients First Act), and H.R. 45 (to Repeal Obamacare).
To see a full list of all 41 Obamacare votes, CLICK HERE.
Ellmers On Obamacare
Below are links to my most recent press releases, blog posts and videos related to Obamacare.
To search my website for additional information regarding Obamacare, CLICK HERE.
Obamacare in the news everyday. Below are links to some of the news reports I've featured on my website and social media sites.
- Thousands Of Consumers Get Insurance Cancellation Notices Due To Health Law Changes, (Kaiser Health News, 10/21/13)
- Healthcare.com Problems Go Beyond Enrollment, (CBS News, 10/18/13)
- Obamacare Woes Widen as Insurers Get Wrong Data, (Wall Street Journal, 10/18/13)
- Analysis: Obamacare Glitches Scare Off Many Website Users, (Washington Post, 10/15/13)
- Byron York: Obamacare Meltdown Triggers Congressional Investigations, (Washington Examiner, 10/15/13)
- Expert: Obamacare Website Is "Not Even Ready for Beta Testing," (CBS News New York, 10/15/13)
- Obamacare Will Wreck U.S. Taxpayers, So Here's Another Plan, (Forbes, 10/14/13)
- The Insiders: Obamacare is a Blemish on American Technology, (Washington Post, 10/11/13)
- From the Start, Signs of Trouble at Health Portal, (NYT, 10/12/13)
- How Obamacare Affects Businesses -- Large and Small, (Politico, 9/30/13)
- Glitches Plague Health Plan, (CNBC, 9/27/13)
- Congresswoman: Obamacare creating health insurance monopolies, (Daily Caller, 9/26/13)
- Double Down: Obamacare Will Increase Avg. Individual-Market Insurance Premiums By 99% For Men, 62% For Women, (Forbes, 9/25/13)
- Prices Set for New Health-Care Exchanges, (Wall Street Journal, 9/25/13)
- Home Depot to send 20,000 part-timers to Obamacare exchanges, (Bloomberg News, 9/23/13)
- Pricing Glitch Afflicts Roll Out of Online Health Care Exchanges, (Wall Street Journal, 9/19/13)
- U.S. Warns of Frauds Tied to Health Care Law, (N.Y. Times, 9/18/13)
- Conservatives to Unveil Obamacare Replacement Bill, (Roll Call, 9/17/13)
- Poll: Obamacare Remains Highly Unpopular As Implementation Looms, (NBCNews.com, 9/15/13)
- Health Care Law Perplexing to Business Owners, (Associated Press, 9/12/13)
- Big Insurers Ditching Obamacare Exchanges, (CNN.com, 9/10/13)
- Editorial: The Obamacare Bomb, (The Washington Times, 9/9/13)
- Obamacare Employer Mandate: A List of Cuts to Work Hours, Jobs (Investor's Business Daily 9/5/13 - updated online periodically)
- "Obamacare and the shift to part-time work" (Washington Examiner, 8/7/13)
- “Ohio health care premiums could increase 40 percent with ObamaCare” (Logan Daily News, 8/7/13)
- “S.C. Health Insurance Rates Expected to Go Up 50-70%” (WLTX News, 8/5/13)
- “In California … middle-income residents could see individual health premiums increase by an average of 30 percent” (Associated Press, 7/19/13)
- “Obamacare in Georgia: Sticker shock” (Savannah Morning News Editorial, 8/1/13)
- “National health care overhaul apt to push up costs” (Boston Globe, 7/17/13)
- “Florida insurance officials: Rates will rise under Obamacare” (Associated Press, 7/30/13)
- “State says Obamacare will force 72 percent increase in individual insurance plan rates” (Indianapolis Star, 7/19/13)
- “Obama boasts of health care savings, but costs likely to rise for many” (McClatchy, 7/18/13)
- “Health-Insurance Costs Set for a Jolt” (Wall Street Journal, 6/30/13)
Additional Obamacare Webpages