• Email Updates

    Stay Informed

    Enter your email to
    subscribe to my e-Newsletter


    Font Size A A A
    Thomas Bill Search
    Search by Keyword
    Search by Bill #
    Coming Soon


FEMA Press Release, June 6, 2011 (to view pdf version of full release click here)

RALEIGH, N.C.– Homeowners, renters and business owners in 19 North Carolina counties who suffered losses as a result of the April 16 tornadoes have two weeks left to apply for disaster help.

June 20 is the deadline to register for Federal disaster assistance.

“We want North Carolinians affected by the disaster to call or go online to begin the process before it’s too late,” N.C. Emergency Management Director Doug Hoell said.

The FEMA toll-free registration number is 800-621-FEMA (3362). The TTY number is 800-462-7585 for deaf or hard of hearing callers. Registration is also possible online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or by smartphone at m.fema.gov.

“Give us a chance to help you,” said Federal Coordinating Officer Michael Bolch. “Don’t disqualify yourself by not applying by the June 20 deadline.”

If you get an SBA loan application in the mail after you apply with FEMA, be sure to complete and return it to the SBA. Completing the loan application does not commit you to a loan; it is part of the federal financial disaster assistance process.

The North Carolina counties under the disaster declaration are Bertie, Bladen, Craven, Cumberland, Currituck, Greene, Halifax, Harnett, Hertford, Hoke, Johnston, Lee, Onslow, Pitt, Robeson, Sampson, Tyrell, Wake and Wilson.

 For more information about this disaster, go to www.nccrimecontrol.organd click on the red “April Tornadoes” tab. More information is also available at www.fema.gov.

 FEMA’s housing assistance and Other Needs Assistance grants for medical, dental, and funeral expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be considered for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.  Applicants who do not qualify for a SBA loan may be eligible to receive Other Needs Assistance grants for these items.