• Email Updates

    Stay Informed

    Enter your email to
    subscribe to my e-Newsletter


    Font Size A A A
    Thomas Bill Search
    Search by Keyword
    Search by Bill #
    Coming Soon

Disaster Recovery Center to Return to Sampson County

RALEIGH, N.C.– A short-term Disaster Recovery Center will be open in Sampson County for three days beginning Tuesday, May 24.

Sampson County Human Services

360 County Complex Road, Suite 200

Clinton, NC 28329

The center will be open from noon to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, May 24, and from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 25, and Thursday, May 26.

“We are bringing our recovery specialists back to Sampson County for three days to make sure everyone in the area has one more opportunity to get in-person help with the disaster assistance process,” said Michael Bolch, federal coordinating officer for the North Carolina disaster recovery.

Representatives from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, North Carolina Emergency Management, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and other agencies will be available to explain assistance programs. They can help tornado survivors who suffered damage and loss from the April 16 tornado apply for disaster aid from FEMA, NCEM, SBA and other programs that may be able to help.

“This is a good time to take your SBA disaster loan application directly to an SBA representative who can help you fill it out,” said Doug Hoell, NCEM director.  “If you registered with FEMA and got a loan application package in the mail, you need to submit it to be considered for some types of state and federal assistance.”

Find the nearest Disaster Recovery Center by calling FEMA’s Helpline at 800-621-FEMA (3362) or online at http://www.fema.gov/assistance/opendrcs.shtm

After the center closes, disaster survivors can still call 800-621-FEMA (3362) to register for disaster assistance, check application status and update contact or insurance company information. A Federal Emergency Management Agency representative is available at the toll-free number from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week. Callers with speech or hearing disabilities may call (TTY)800-462-7585. Help is available in most languages.

Applicants can also register online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or with a web-enabled mobile device or smartphone. Visit m.fema.gov and follow the link to “apply online for federal assistance.”

Federal and state disaster assistance can include grants for rental assistance and home repairs, low-interest loans from the Small Business Administration to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs to help recover from the effects of the disaster.

For more information about this disaster, go to www.nccrimecontrol.org and click on the red “April Tornadoes” tab. More information is also available at www.fema.gov.

FEMA’s housing assistance and Other Needs Assistance grants for medical, dental, and funeral expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be considered for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.  Applicants who do not qualify for a SBA loan may be eligible to receive Other Needs Assistance grants for these items.