Also in this Sectionlanding page
Each year, I have the privilege to nominate outstanding high school students from the 2nd Congressional District of North Carolina for appointment to the United States Military Service Academies: the United States Air Force Academy, United States Merchant Marine Academy, the United States Military Academy and the United States Naval Academy.
Each applicant for a nomination from my office must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be at least 17 years old, but not yet 23 years of age on July 1st, of the year of admission (25th birthday for the Merchant Marine Academy).
- Applicant must be a United States citizen and a legal and permanent resident of the 2nd Congressional District of North Carolina.
- Applicant must be unmarried, not pregnant and have no legal obligation to support children or other dependents.
To apply for a nomination, applicants must submit the following to my Dunn, North Carolina office on or before October 31st.
- Completed application ( Click here to download application form)
- Sealed and official high school transcript (must include grades from freshman through junior year, grade point average and class rank)
- Standardized test scores (SAT code: 5854 and ACT code: 7580)
- Personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from a teacher and the other can be from a teacher, guidance counselor, principal, coach, ROTC advisor or scout leader)
Please mail all completed applications by our October 31st deadline to:
Congresswoman Renee Ellmers
Attention: Academy Coordinator
406 W. Broad Street
Dunn, North Carolina 28334
Phone: (910) 230-1910
In addition to being eligible to apply for an academy nomination from my office, I strongly encourage you to apply to both United States Senators and the Office of the Vice President. It is also important for you to complete a requisite admissions application with the academy, or academies, to which you are applying. You can contact each academy by using the below information:
United States Air Force Academy http://www.academyadmissions.com/
United States Merchant Marine Academy http://www.usmma.edu/admissions/
United States Military Academy http://admissions.usma.edu/
United States Naval Academy http://www.usna.edu/Admissions/
If you are interested in attending the United States Coast Guard Academy in New London, Connecticut, please visit http://www.uscga.edu/opportunity for more information. Unlike the academies above, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy does not require a congressional nomination.
Please contact Pat Fitzgerald in my Dunn office at (910) 230-1910 with any questions or concerns regarding my U.S. Military Service Academy application process.